Thursday 13 November 2008

The World Wide Wonderful...

So here be me and my blog. I thought I'd start by sharing my recipe for anarchist cookies, which are meant to defy the social norms of what a cookie should be:

Anarchist Cookies

Makes two dinner plates of anti-authoritarian yummyness.

3 cups flour
3⁄4 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
Milk ‘till squishy
Tiny bit of vanilla extract
Teaspoon of baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon of salt

For anarchy, as much as you like of:

Dried fruit (figs, coconut, apricot, mango, apple, etc...)
Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower; de-shelled, of course)
A packet of coloured chocolate button things
Chopped up chocolate, especially flavoured or unusual chocolate
Toffee
Nuts (almonds or peanuts do really well)

1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 C / 375 F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
3. Mix the cookie dough ingredients in a large bowl. Add milk until the mixture is soft and squishy,
like proper cookie dough.
4. Add anarchy. By that, I mean the seeds and chocolate and things.
5. Bake until golden brown.
6. Serve with tea and discuss hacking the corporate reality.

Many thanks to Lauren who helped me develop this recipe. I think I'm going to try and use Astrology in the Kitchen to develop thoughts and ideas I have that don't fit in to my other workish things (poems, papers and whatnot). Many thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady!

    What a lovely blog you have here :) Hope you don't mind my e-stalking you. <3

    -Heather Sutherland from ze hums

    ReplyDelete

This is the comment form, tra-la-la-la...