Wednesday 8 April 2009

Jams: Theme songs and Rose Preserve

I watch Heroes. For those of you who aren't in the know, Heroes is an American television show that's essentially a soap opera featuring people with superpowers, combining the cheesy dialogue and "Who's the daddy?" plot twists of afternoon stories and characters who can fly, or shoot electricity from their hands. My favourite character is the erstwhile villain of the piece, Sylar, whose story has unfolded like a first-year university textbook's briefing on Freud. I have come to the conclusion that his character is based on this Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song, Red Right Hand. Have a listen and a think.

Since we're on the topic of theme songs, my pal Oscar has chosen this song by Stereo Total as my theme song. Do you have a theme song? I think everyone should. If you do, let me know and leave a comment!

Also in the news, (my favourite section of the BBC's news site) this doggo is a survivor. And, as if you ever needed extra motivation to move to Somerset, there is now an entire village that is twinned and shares street names with Ankh Morpork, the "Big Apple" of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books.

While on the Beeb I found this recipe for Rose Petal Jam. It looks easy and potentially very useful for an afternoon tea party, but I'm lost as to how I could afford a pound of rose petals. That's a lot of roses. I mean, that's a lot of roses. That's a garden's worth of roses. Such is life, I guess. Strawberry jam forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the comment form, tra-la-la-la...